3.18.2010

Book of a Thousand Days


post signature

I absolutely loved The Princess Academy (Newberry award winner) so I decided to give author Shannon Hale another try. Hale is a fun mom from Utah so any chance to support a local girl, I'm on it. Thousand Days is cute but not much more than that. Still, I can think of a lot worse things than cute.

Not as clever as Princess Academy, Thousand Days is a fun fairy twist for younger girls who love Cinderella stories. It didn't end where I thought it should go, but if it had- it wouldn't be a children's book. The simple plot moves well and lends itself to a quick read. The main character was compelling as strong female leads are one of Hale's strengths. If you're looking for a simple story with a happy ending, an elementary folk tale, pick it up. It is read worthy and it will only take you a few hours.

post signature

No comments: