4.07.2010

Hush Hush

post signature
Becca Fitzpatrick is stealing ideas out of my head...
and Christian doctrine while she's at it.


The premise: Angels denied bodies tempted Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit so the gates of the Garden of Eden could be opened and sin could enter the world. These angels were punished for their deeds and termed "fallen" from the kingdom of heaven never to enter it again. They are banished to earth where they live in constant thirst for a human body of their own so they can feel human physicality. They can influence human behavior only if humans give them permission. With permission, these fallen angels could even possess human bodies.

Okay, if Becca Fitzpatrick isn't Mormon, she's certainly heard of them because this is SO the plan of salvation. I loved the premise but am pretty mad that it is so close to the horrible book I am writing. Yet one more reason to hate myself for taking so long to finish.

Back to Hush Hush: It is the page turning guilty pleasure I have been waiting for since Twilight. I can't wait for the sequel (cover being released this month) but unfortunately I have to wait for a while because Crescendo isn't hitting shelves until November 2010. DOUBLE UG!

Big Fat (Juicy) Warning: It says in big bright script on the cover that this book is for 14-year-olds and up but I would extend that age requirement. It is scandalous and provocative to say the least. This thing pushes the envelope for sexual innuendo in teen lit further than Breaking Dawn did in my opinion. For sure read this book before your teenage daughter does... and when you do, you probably will hide it so she can't read it. The male protagonist... or is he an antagonist (you can't tell- which makes it impossible to stop reading) is every parent's absolute worst nightmare when it comes to their daughter. He's the ethereal bad boy.

Now you know I don't mind scandalous teen lit. Truth be told, I have been waiting to read Hush Hush for a while and finally breaking down and spending the $18 bucks for the hard cover is something I don't regret. You won't love Patch like Edward, but you'll get your romantic fix for the month without having to stoop to a romance novel from the grocery store.

post signature

No comments: